Managing Attorney Christina Cortino graduated With Distinction from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, and with a Certificate in Intellectual Property Law. She takes pride in “nerding out” over the latest developments in intellectual property law, especially issues related to trademark and copyright registration and enforcement.
Christina’s background includes representing software developers and medical device manufacturers in patent infringement litigation, and assisting startups and other businesses with applying for trademark protection before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”).
Our intellectual property practice advises business owners, visual artists, galleries, and musicians on the best way to protect their brand and work.
- Apply for and obtain trademark protection before the USPTO
- Copyright license agreements for painters, photographers, and other visual artists
- Wedding photographer license agreements for digital photography
- Review of proposed licensing, consignment, and other contracts related to copyright and trademark law
- Pre-litigation dispute resolution related to copyright and trademark infringement
Christina is a painter and photographer herself, and appreciates the vulnerable nature of being a visual artist and the lack of bargaining power many artists feel in negotiating license agreements.